Aviation ETS Database
1,300 airline companies from 100 countries
The aviation sector has entered the EU emissions trading scheme since 1 January 2012.
The Aviation ETS Database includes:
- List of the 5,500 aircraft operators to be originally included into the trading scheme
- List of the 1,300 aircraft operators currently included into the trading scheme
- List of the 30 EU administering States with corresponding aircraft operators
- List of the 100 states from all the world with corresponding originated aircraft operators
- Carbon allowance (EUAA) freely allocated to airline companies
- CO2 emissions of airlines
- CERs and ERUs used for compliance by airlines
- Contact details of aircraft operators (address, telephone, email)
In 2012, airline companies received 85% of yearly emission allowance issuance free of charge and the rest 15% were sold on public auctions. European Commission allows aviation companies to submit compliance emission allowances also in form of EUA emission allowances or up to 15% in form of CER or ERU emission allowances.
ETS Aviation Company Rankings
Carbon Market Data publishes every year the ETS Aviation Company Rankings .
The first ETS Aviation Company Rankings was published in 2013 and includes data for the year 2012: