World Carbon Market Database
A unique data platform covering the world 's carbon trading markets
The World Carbon Market Database is a comprehensive analytical tool, which includes information on the carbon trading schemes developed in the world.
It currently includes data on the following carbon trading schemes:
- EU emissions trading scheme (EU ETS): 28 countries, more than 14000 installations
- EEA countries emissions trading schemes: Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- Swiss emissions trading scheme: 450 companies
- Kazakhstan cap-and-trade scheme: 178 companies, emitting 150 MtCO2
- South Korea cap-and-trade system: 525 companies, emitting around 550 MtCO2
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI): 9 US States, about 200 installations (power plants).
- California's cap-and-trade scheme: more than 500 power plants and factories
- Quebec's cap-and-trade scheme: 80 industrial sites
- Australia's Carbon Pricing Mechanism: 350 companies, emitting a total of 285 million tCO2e
- New Zealand emissions trading scheme
- Aviation emissions trading scheme (ETS): EU-run scheme including 1,300 aircraft operators originated from 100 states in the world.
- CDM-JI Project Database: information on about 12,000 CDM projects developed in more than 100 host countries, and 800 JI projects developed in 18 countries
- UK's CRC (Carbon Reduction Commitment) Energy Efficiency Scheme : more than 2,000 companies from all sectors of activity
We invite you to consult the glossary (in 23 languages) for a definition of the main terms.