UK's carbon disclosure solution for the non energy-intensive sectors
The CRC (Carbon Reduction Commitment) Energy Efficiency Scheme is a mandatory emissions trading scheme for the UK that aims to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions through energy efficiency.
The CRC Database enables users to:
- search information on the more than 2000 organisations included in the scheme
- access the performance league tables ranking organisations through early action metrics
- discover the carbon footprint of some of the biggest UK organisations, totalling 61 MtCO2
- view aggregated data by regulator (England and Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland)
- search companies by location (town, postcode) and use the Google maps functionality
CRC organisations are responsible for around 10% of the UK’s CO2 emissions. The carbon footprint of these organisations in the fiscal year 2010/11 amounted to 61 MtCO2.
The scheme features a range of reputational, behavioural and financial drivers, which aim to encourage organisations to develop energy management strategies that promote a better understanding of energy usage.
For more information on the UK's CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, visit the UK's Environment Agency website .
The CRC Database is part of the World Carbon Market Database and is accessible online by users registered to the Demo version.
Not registered yet? Click here to create a new account.